Championscott Job Scam is one of the latest phishing scams that is making wave over the internet. Did you receive any message on WhatsApp claiming to be from Championscott Partners? If yes, do not click on any of those links on the message or even try calling the number. It is a huge scam! This review uncovers the fraudulent activities of this scammers and offers tips on how to detect scam texts and avoid them. Read till the end.
Phishing (Email scams) and Smishing (Fraud through Text messages) are on the increase these days. Scammers are now coming up with several ways to defraud people on a daily basis. One of the ways they do this is by sending text messages to people prompting them to release vital information or even gaining access to their information without their knowledge. Receivers of such texts are therefore advised to always carry out due diligence before giving out any information about themselves.
What Is The Championscott Job Scam All About?
Championscott Job Scam is a message sent on WhatsApp by fraudsters disguising themselves to be recruitment agents from Championscott Partners, a reputable company. They entice you with promises of a remote job opportunity which comes with mouth watery benefits. They also attach a link to a malicious website with which to provide relevant information about you. Their aim is to steal from you. Do not fall for it. Do not fall for it. Championscott Partners does not request for sensitive information from you upfront or payment from you.
How Does Championscott Job Scam Work?
Cyber criminals like those behind the Championscott Job Scam employ different strategies in order to appear genuine. This includes trying to convince desperate job seekers that they have been offered a work from home job. They use a free service email to message you and not an official email. They also entice them with attractive salaries of $150 per hour and other benefits that the job offers just for a simply work. They attach a link to a page where your personal details is demanded and you will also be asked to pay application fees.
What Are The Effects Of Phishing Scams On The Receivers?
It is so shocking to hear that Championscott Job Scam has had several negative effects on people who fell victim of their tricks unknowingly. Many has lost their life time savings just because they believed these scammers. Others even ran into huge debt because they had to start borrowing from friends just to survive since they have lost all their monies. Some other victims were even put in a critical health condition which even ended the lives of some just because they could not bear the shock of losing all they had to these fraudsters.
These and many more stories prompted us to start educating the public about this fast rising phishing scam known as Championscott Job Scam as well as other methods used by scammers these days.
How to Detect A Scam Text Message.
Below are some of the ways you can identify a scam text by fraudsters.
- They make the text sound urgent and give penalty for those who default. This is to make the receiver do what they said.
- They disguise to be a reputable agency, steal the agency’s official logo and address just to convince people.
- They send links to malicious sites to get your personal information and steal from you.
- There are usually errors in their email address or the content of the mail or text.
- Majority of them only make use of text messages and chats.
9 Ways To Avoid Falling Victim Of The Championscott Job Scam Text.
In order to be safe from the Championscott Job Scam or any other fake agency, follow these instructions:
- Do not click on any link or download attachment from an unknown sender: Do not be in a hurry to click on any link sent in a mail or text message from someone you do not know.
- Make sure your passwords are strong and unique: Do not use one password for all your account. Also, your password should be such that it will be difficult to be hacked. It should consist of a number, an upper case, lower case and special characters.
- Enable two-factor authentication: For extra security, it is safe to always enable two factor authentication on WhatsApp.
- Check the URL of the links they sent: Is there is an error in the URL or even the content of the text message like misspelling or omission, then know it is a scam.
- Carry out your investigation: Before clicking on any link, do a research to know if they are actually it is actually coming from the said organization. This will save you a lot.
- Do not disclose your personal information anyhow: No genuine recruitment agency will request that you provide personal information such as bank account details, password information and others immediately.
- Follow your instinct: Whenever you come across a suspicious text message making mouth watery offers, it always safe to pay attention to the details in the message rather than being carried away by their fake promises.
- Make use of reputable job search platforms: While job hunting, be sure to only use reputable job search platforms. This helps to reduce the chances of being scammed by these fraudsters.
- Report suspicious email or text messages: As soon as you discover a fraudulent text or email, report the number on WhatsApp so that they will take actions to stop further scam activities. Also, delete the message and block the number from sending messages to you.
Job seekers should be cautious of the information they give out about themselves. There are many scammers out there deceiving unsuspecting people. Sadly, Championscott Job Scam Text is one of the viral scams over the internet targeting Job seekers on WhatsApp just like Kaye Bassman Recruitment WhatsApp Scam Text. To stay safe from these fraudsters, you have to adhere to the instructions given above.
If you have already shared your personal or financial information with these scammers, all you just have to do is to shut down your cards, then report the incident. Click Here to see a list of phishing scams to avoid. Other phishing scams we have reviewed are Sky Refund Scam, Kaplan Partners Recruitment Scam