One of the latest phishing scam tricks that has been making wave over the internet is the Pulse Refund Text Scam, Many people have lost all they have worked hard for as a result of this scam text. Have you been sent a text telling you that you will be granted a refund of their money or that you are eligible for a grant and you should claim it? If yes, do not click on any of those links on the text message! It is a huge scam. This review uncovers the fraudulent activities of this scammers and offers tips on how to detect scam texts and avoid them. Read till the end.
Phishing (Email scams) and Smishing (Fraud through Text messages) are on the increase these days. Scammers are now coming up with several ways to defraud people on a daily basis. One of the ways they do this is by sending text messages to people prompting them to release vital information or even gaining access to their information without their knowledge. Receivers of such texts are therefore advised to always carry out due diligence before giving out any information about themselves.
What Is The Pulse Refund Text Scam All About?
Pulse Refund Text Scam is a text message sent by fraudsters disguising themselves to be from a legitimate company. The text message either says that you granted an opportunity for a refund of money and you should claim it. They also attach a link with which to provide relevant information about you. Do not fall for it.
How Does Pulse Refund Text Scam Work?
In order to appear genuine, Cyber criminals employ like those behind the Pulse refund Text Scam employ different strategies. This includes trying to convince people that they are offering a refund and persuades them to act fast and claim their gift before it will be too late. They make it look so real and urgent so that their victims will click on the link attached in the text immediately without giving it a second thought. Once they click on it, their personal details will be collected by these scammers or they will be asked to make payment to be able to claim the money which looks bigger.
What Are The Effects Of Phishing Scams On The Receivers?
The negative effects that Pulse refund text scam has had on people who fell victim of their tricks unknowingly is really heartbreaking. Some lost their life time savings with the promise of getting huge sums of money. Others even ran into huge debt because they had to borrow from friends to pay for to claim the prizes as requested by these scammers. Some other victims were even put in a critical health condition which even ended the lives of some just because they could not bear the shock of losing all they had to these fraudsters.
These and may more stories, prompted us to start educating the public about this fast rising phishing scam known as Pulse refunds Text Scam as well as other methods used by scammers these days.
How to Detect The Pulse Refund Text Scam.
Below are some of the ways you can identify a scam text by fraudsters.
- They make the text sound urgent and give penalty for those who default. This is to make the receiver do what they said.
- They disguise to be a reputable agency, steal the agency’s official logo and address just to convince people.
- They send links to malicious sites to get your personal information and steal from you.
- There are usually errors in their email address or the content of the mail or text.
- Majority of them only make use of text messages and chats.
7 Ways To Avoid Being Scammed By These Fraudsters.
In order not to be a victim of the Pulse Refund Text Scam or any other fake agency, follow these instructions:
- Do not click on any link or download attachment from an unknown sender: Do not be in a hurry to click on any link sent in a mail or text message from someone you do not know.
- Check the URL of the links they sent: Is there is an error in the URL or even the content of the text message like misspelling or omission, then know it is a scam.
- Carry out your investigation: Before clicking on any link, do a research to know if they are actually it is actually coming from the said organization. This will save you a lot.
- Do not disclose your personal information anyhow: No genuine agency will request that you provide personal information such as bank account details, password information and others immediately.
- Follow your instinct: Whenever you come across a suspicious text message making mouth watery offers, it always safe to pay attention to the details in the message rather than being carried away by their fake promises.
- Report suspicious email or text messages: As soon as you discover a fraudulent text or email, report to your local enforcement agency so that they will take actions to stop further scam activities. If you have already shared your personal or financial information with these scammers, all you just have to do is to shut down your cards, then report the incident.
- Update your anti-virus and operating system regularly: In order to be safe from phishing scams like this, always make sure you are using the latest version of your antivirus software as well as your operating system. Also, change your passwords regularly.
- Tell others about the Pulse refund text scam: Enlighten your friends and family member about the ongoing scam so that they will be aware and not fall victim.
People should be cautious of the information they give out about themselves. There are many scammers out there targeting unsuspecting people. Sadly, Pulse Refund Text Scam is one of the viral scams over the internet recently just like Voke Refunds Scam. To stay safe from these fraudsters, you have to adhere to the instructions given above. Click Here to see a list of phishing scams to avoid. Other online scams we have reviewed are Alpine Bank Scam and Vibe Refunds Scam