Ray Agency Advertising Scam is the one of the viral phishing job scams that has been flooding the internet recently. Did you receive any text message from them offering you employment? Do not click on any of those links on the text! It is a huge scam. This review uncovers the fraudulent activities of this of scammers and offers tips on how to detect scam texts and avoid them. Read till the end.
Phishing (Email scams) and Smishing (Fraud through Text messages) are on the increase these days. Scammers are now taking advantage of the increasing rate of unemployment and are coming up with several ways to defraud people on a daily basis. One of the ways they do this is by sending fake job offers, prompting job seekers to release vital information or even gaining access to their information without their knowledge. Job candidates are therefore advised to always carry out due diligence before giving out any information about themselves.
What Is Ray Agency Advertising Scam All About?
Ray Agency Advertising Scam is a message sent as email by fraudsters disguising themselves to be a recruitment agents from Ray Agency Advertising. They entice you with promises that the remote job opportunity comes with mouth watery benefits. They also attach a link with which to provide relevant information about you. Their aim is to steal from you or you will be asked to pay a certain amount of money as application fee. Do not fall for it.
How Does Ray Agency Advertising Scam Work?
In order to appear genuine, Cyber criminals employ like those behind the Ray Agency Advertising Scam employ different strategies. This includes posting fake job listings online and trying to convince desperate job seekers that they have been offered a remote job. They use a free service email to message you and not an official email. They also entice them with attractive salaries just by carrying out a simple work. They attach a link to a page where your personal details is demanded and you will also be asked to pay application fees.
What Are The Effects Of Recruitment Scams On Job Seekers?
It is so devastating to hear that the Ray Agency Advertising Scam has had several negative effects on job candidates who fell victim of their tricks unknowingly. Some lost their life time savings with the hope of gaining employment with huge salary expectation, Others even ran into huge debt because they had to borrow from friends to pay for job materials as requested by these scammers. Some other victims were even put in a critical health condition just because they could not bear the shock of losing all they had to these fraudsters.
After listening to all these stories, we deemed it fit to always educate the public about this rising job scam known as Ray Agency Advertising Scam as well as other methods used by scammers these days.
How to Detect Fraudulent Job Scams
Below are some of the ways you can identify a scam employment company.
- They demand money from you for application.
- They disguise to be a reputable recruitment agency, steal the agency’s official logo and address just to convince job seekers.
- They send links to malicious sites to get your personal information.
- They offer very attractive pays just for little work.
- There are usually errors in their email address or the content of the mail or text.
- There is usually an urgency in the way the text is being written.
- They make use of a free service email like G-mail or outlook most time instead of an official email.
7 Ways To Avoid Being Scammed By Fake Recruitment Companies
In order not to be a victim of the Ray Agency Advertising Scam or any other fake employment agency, follow these instructions:
- Do not click on any link or download attachment from an unknown sender: Do not be in a hurry to click on any link sent in a mail or WhatsApp text from someone you do not know.
- Carry out your investigation: Before accepting any job offer, do a research about the company to know if they are actually who they claim to be. This will save you a lot.
- Do not disclose your personal information to recruiters: No genuine recruitment agency will request that you provide personal information such as bank account details, password information and others immediately.
- Follow your instinct: Whenever you come across a job advert or offer that makes mouth watery promises, it always safe to pay attention to the details in the message rather than being carried away by their fake promises.
- Report suspicious email or text: As soon as you discover a fraudulent recruitment process like that of Ray Agency Advertising Scam, report to the relevant authority so that they will take actions to stop further scam activities by these fraudsters. If you have already shared your personal or financial information with these scammers, all you just have to do is to contact your financial service provider to shut down your cards then report the incident to the relevant authorities.
- Make use of reputable job search platforms: While job hunting, be sure to only use reputable job search platforms. This helps to reduce the chances of being scammed by these fraudsters.
- Update your anti-virus and operating system regularly : In order to be safe from phishing scams like this, always make sure you are using the latest version of your antivirus software as well as your operating system. Also, change your passwords regularly.
Job seekers should be cautious of the information they share with recruiters. They are many scammers out there targeting unsuspecting candidates. Sadly, Ray Agency Advertising Scam is one of the numerous scam tricks used by these fraudsters just like the Exeqfind Group Scam. To stay safe from these fraudsters, you have to adhere to the instructions given above. Click Here to see a list of phishing scams to avoid. Other phishing scams we have reviewed are Riviera Partners Scam and Voke Refunds Scam